Port Angeles Welcomes the World to the Olympics! March 26th and 27th.
It time to get ready for Strapless Weekend otherwise known as the Snowskate Olympics. Each year the world’s best snowskaters gather in Port Angeles WA. to do battle in the Olympic Snowskate Arena located high above Port Angeles on Hurricane Ridge.
The Olympics are a tribute to the past when men, women and even children would slide free without being encumbered by evil binder contraptions. In times gone by these enlightened strap free warriors would gather in the shadows of Mt Olympus and compete in games involving speed and gravity defying tricks.
The modern Snowskate Olympics are intended to bring back the days of old in a two day gathering of the tribe. With sporting events showcasing speed, balance and freedom for the trained strapfree athlete and cultural events consisting of feasting, drinking and loud music for all.
This years events include:
- North By Northwest Masters of Snowskating freeride event.
- Snowskate Powder Downhill
- Almost legendary Snowskate Baked Slalom
- Snowskate Park Jam
- Plus the following bonus features:
- BBQ party at a secret private indoor skatepark in Port Angeles
- After party Saturday at the Coo Coo’s nest with the T bagging Bandits
- Triple S potential
- $1000.00 cash in prize money plus lots of prizes