Lost Rocket Redux FC - Futures™ Compatible
What are B-Grades?
For the FOCII & FCS™ compatible version go here.
Before Instagram and the endless charade of social media surfboard model marketing melted our minds, real word of mouth made one little board iconic throughout the surfing world... The ROCKET.
Birthed from a broken blank and the brains of Beschen (Shane) and Budroe, the original Rocket was to simply be a board for baby Beschen (Noah) to learn on. Once ridden by Shane, everything changed, and he felt compelled to bring us his fabulous find to be refined.
Happy accidents have been a staple of surfboard progression since the beginning. As we started fine tuning and building them for the boys, we knew we had something special. Fast forward a year, and the 2009 video release of “5’5 Redux”. The ROCKET was a star of the show, ridden by a parade of guest rippers cutting loose on the little weapon. From Bros to Pros, The ROCKET was soon a global hit, being enjoyed by surfers of all shapes, sizes and skill sets. Now, more than a decade after its initial release, the ROCKET returns. A re-incarnated Redux for the new generation to enjoy another run of fun... The ROCKET REDUX.
We’ve strived to retain all of the original ROCKET design details and magic: The extremely low and fast entry rocker, counterbalanced by a hyper-extended tail curve, for instantaneous down the line drive and playfully precise turning. The deepest of concaves, created by a straight centerline stringer and a curvaceous rail rocker lends lift and liveliness. The wide tail and parallel, bullet like, outline provides plenty of speed and hold. The hooked diamond “Rocket” tail adds bite and hold in firm, rear footed carves.
While the ROCKET REDUX stays true to the original ROCKET, to bring a serious performance boost we’ve: Refined and cleaned curves, made the rails a bit more refined, and updated some details just enough to keep up with the things we’ve learned since. For our Lib x ...lost Colab we have bumped up the width and volumes just a hint for extra speed and power in a wide variety of conditions including summer slop.
Handcrafted in ecoIMPACTO construction. Futures™ compatible fin boxes.
*Fins NOT included
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER - environMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way...
Mike Olson and our experiMENTAL division applied our 35+ years of hands on board building experience to the task of building a better surfboard. In the process we completely rewrote the book on surfboard construction. Every component we use in our ecoIMPACTO surf construction is completely new to the surf industry. Our Thermo fusion process radically minimizes resin exposure and sanding while creating amazingly durable, environmentally friendly, high performance surf structures that will free your mind and lift your surfing to new heights.
The ecoIMPACTO Ride "High Performance Life Extension"
A smooth responsive and high performance ride with the feel of a crispy new polyester that lasts and lasts.
- LESS WORRY... MORE FUN
- THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL BOARD
- WONT ABSORB WATER IF YOU DO GET A DING
- REPAIRS WITH EPOXY
- ECO FRIENDLY MATERIALS AND PROCESS
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD RESIN EXPOSURE PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD SANDING PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD PAINT BRUSHES, TAPE, AND SOLVENTS
- LOW VOC PLANT BASED BIO RESIN
- RECYCLED FOAM OFFCUTS
- LONG LASTING CONSTRUCTION
NEW! FOC II FIN BOX SYSTEM
- Designed for our Lib Tech EcoImpacto process
- Use front screw to lock in and remove fin
- Rear screw replaces conventional Futures box pin
- Tough & Resilient!
- High impact and break strength fiber
- Great rebound / memory
- Smooth & Strong!
- Pure additive-free mineral fiber
- Natural dampening properties
- Break and impact resistant
CARBON POWER SPINE STRINGER
- Dynamic energy & long lasting flex
- Tension spread to carbon fiber
- Rebound energy return
- Perfect flex tuning
- Strong, Light, Waterproof
- Environmentally friendly nitrogen blowing agent
- Elliptical engineered cells act like a column providing stiffness from top to bottom and “nerf-like” elasticity in side impact
- Recycled: 25-40% recycled content, 100% of off cuts recycled
HEXZYLON FIBER FOAM SKIN
- Strong & Smooth!
- Smooth riding vibration absorption layer
- Impact and ding resistant
- Strong & Nice!
- Low VOC glycerin based chemistry
- Surfs smooth like a new polyester board
- Longer lifespan than epoxy
ELASTO PERIMETER DAMPENING FIBER
- Smooth & Strong!
- Flex control, pop, precision
- Impact resistant
- Crush & dent resistant!
- New carbon red (*Funnelator)
LIB TECH LEASH PLUG
- Better Basics!
- 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum pins
- Lightweight fiber composite cup