What are B-Grades?
The key components in performance and wake expansion are speed and size of board and they traditionally are working against each other... a smaller board usually means a slower board and less usable wake, a bigger board is faster but, doesn’t fit into the wake in a way that allows tight performance surfing. If you can align speed and acceleration with maneuverability and ability to fit into tight transitions something really magic happens...!
THE FLY PAD MIND AND WAKE EXPANSION NANO CRAFT
Introducing Mike Olson’s new Fly Pad, a scaled down, teched up, ultra speedy, wake expanding, high performance, skateboard influenced wake surf shape. The game changing Fly Pad comes in three short, magical alien sizes: 3’10”, 4’ and 4’3”… you ride it 6-8” shorter than your normal board. Mike is a big fellow and rides the 4’ and has never been happier! There are so many features designed into this small fun enhancing dream stick it clogged our CAD programs... The plan shape features a narrow bullet like outline that is quick rail to rail, has a speedy straight rail line, and a wide fast tail with super pop. This is combined with a flatter rocker body and precision beveled nose that fits radically into small spaces. Mike added some critical details he dialed in through years of experiments... hard tucked rails that release water and create lift wrap the entire shape and he added two speed generating P.A.D. “Particle Accelerator Dish” concaves, one in the tail and one in the nose. The deck features a concave under the front foot to maximize the skateboard feel. Now you can fly with Mike on his space expanding, high speed explorations to the magical delicious nano center of wake surf design.
Art by Ben Lardy
What are B-Grades?
Quad Wakesurf Fin Set
- Two single foil lead fins - 3 9/10"
- Two double foiled "nubb" trailing fins - 1 5/8"
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER - environMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way...
Mike Olson and our experiMENTAL division applied our 35+ years of hands on board building experience to the task of building a better surfboard. In the process we completely rewrote the book on surfboard construction. Every component we use in our ecoIMPACTO surf construction is completely new to the surf industry. Our Thermo fusion process radically minimizes resin exposure and sanding while creating amazingly durable, environmentally friendly, high performance surf structures that will free your mind and lift your surfing to new heights.
The ecoIMPACTO Ride "High Performance Life Extension"
A smooth responsive and high performance ride with the feel of a crispy new polyester that lasts and lasts.
- LESS WORRY... MORE FUN
- THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL BOARD
- WONT ABSORB WATER IF YOU DO GET A DING
- REPAIRS WITH EPOXY
- ECO FRIENDLY MATERIALS AND PROCESS
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD RESIN EXPOSURE PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD SANDING PROCEDURES
- ELIMINATION OF INDUSTRY-STANDARD PAINT BRUSHES, TAPE, AND SOLVENTS
- LOW VOC PLANT BASED BIO RESIN
- RECYCLED FOAM OFFCUTS
- LONG LASTING CONSTRUCTION
NEW! FOC II FIN BOX SYSTEM
- FCS II compatible!
- Two Tab compatible with 1/2” fin adjustability for precise tuning of your boards surf characteristics
- Stronger and lighter box
- Tough & Resilient!
- High impact and break strength fiber
- Great rebound / memory
- Smooth & Strong!
- Pure additive-free mineral fiber
- Natural dampening properties
- Break and impact resistant
CARBON POWER SPINE STRINGER
- Dynamic energy & long lasting flex
- Tension spread to carbon fiber
- Rebound energy return
- Perfect flex tuning
- Strong, Light, Waterproof
- Environmentally friendly nitrogen blowing agent
- Elliptical engineered cells act like a column providing stiffness from top to bottom and “nerf-like” elasticity in side impact
- Recycled: 25-40% recycled content, 100% of off cuts recycled
HEXZYLON FIBER FOAM SKIN
- Strong & Smooth!
- Smooth riding vibration absorption layer
- Impact and ding resistant
- Strong & Nice!
- Low VOC glycerin based chemistry
- Surfs smooth like a new polyester board
- Longer lifespan than epoxy
ELASTO PERIMETER DAMPENING FIBER
- Smooth & Strong!
- Flex control, pop, precision
- Impact resistant
- Crush & dent resistant!
- New carbon red (*Funnelator)
|3’10”||19.5"||1.4"||14.4 cl||80-150 lbs|
|4’0”||19.6"||1.4"||15.4 cl||100-190 lbs|
|4’3”||19.75"||1.5"||17.4 cl||150+ lbs|