Lost RNF '96
What are B-Grades?
The surf industry was in a 20 year performance design rut when in '94 and '95 Matt Biolos experimented with multiple variations of fish for himself, Chris Ward and Cory Lopez that became the building blocks for a performance hybrid revolution. “I’d never before had so many surfers and shapers ask me what are you riding?” The RNF '96 sh designs that teenaged Chris and Cory took to the North Shore and made their indelible mark on the surfing universe were featured in the seminal '97 surf film 5’5” X 19 ¼. The key component of Matt's fish is that they are performance minded inspired by MR’s competitive minded twins of the '70s and '80s with relatively pulled in tails designed to rip, not just small surf but in all sizes and shape of waves. Most fish have been predominantly influenced by wide tailed '70s kneeboards that create speed but have always fallen far short of the peak performance of modern short boards. In the name of great surfing and surfboards Matt has applied the past 25 years of board building to create a better surfboard faithfully based on but not exacting to the 96 RNF versions.
“With diligent testing being done by Kolohe, Coco, Ian Crane, Crosby Cola and other “guests” including myself in the last few months of 2020, we are very confident that the RNF ’96 will perform at and above expectations, as an all-around, rip-able fun machine, for a wide level of surfers.” - Matt Biolos
What are B-Grades?
*Fins NOT included
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER - environMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way...
THE EVOLUTION OF ecoIMPACTO
Mike Olson and our hands on craftsperson crew are constantly experimenting and working to improve our process and materials. The latest incarnation of our original ecoIMPACTO construction incorporates a new improved formula of our foam and refinements to our process that reduce weight and improve performance while retaining that “Dang Difficult to Ding” durability that relaxes your lifestyle, makes Lib Techs the best travel boards in the world and hold their value over time.
THE EVOLUTION OF
Our magical high performance rides… surf better and worry less.
NITROGEN CELL ECO UP-CYCLED FOAM
Strong, Light, Waterproof
- Environmentally friendly non ozone depleting Nitrogen blowing agent
- 25-40% Recycled content
- Won’t absorb water if you do get a ding (Closed cell)
- Elliptical engineered columnar cells provide toughness top to bottom and elasticity in side impact
- 100% of offcuts and shavings recycled into more foam
BIO-MATRIX PLANT BASED RESIN
Strong, Nice and Craftsperson Friendly
- Plant based glycerin chemistry
- Low VOC (shop smells nice)
- Surfs smooth and responsive (High performance)
- Impact resistant and resilient (Lasts a long time)
Tough & Resiliant
- High impact and break strength fiber
- Great rebound and memory
Light Weight Strengthner
- Made to Mike Olson specs, ideal to our process
- Craftsperson friendly
HEXYLON THERMO-FUSION HONEYCOMB POWER PANEL
Strong & Smooth
- Smooth riding vibration absorption layer
- Impact and ding resistant
CARBON POWER SPINE
Dynamic Energy & Long Lasting Flex
- Tension spread tow carbon fiber
- Rebound energy return
- Perfect flex tuning
LIB TECH LEASH PLUG
- 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum pins
- Lightweight fiber composite cup
LIB TECH FOC-II® FIN BOX
Fits FCS-II®, FCS® Two Tab and Lib RRIPs® fins
- Optimized placement for FCS-II
- RIPPs compatible with 5/16 performance adjustability
- Light and tough